Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Michelle Obama

Dismantling my All About Mary website. Copied this post from the Sass blog:

Michelle Obama was asked what she thought about "Obama Girl" and she said: "I think my husband is cute," Michelle Obama said. "So more power to the people who think he is cute as well".

On June 22, 2007 I published "Will Obama Girl Help or Hinder the Senator's Campaign?" I do agree he is a good looking man, especially when he is relaxed and smiling. But it takes more than looks to perform well and I was sorely disappointed to hear him take up with GWB's "War on Terror".

Watching a You Tube video showing Stevie Wonder performing at a 30 year anniversary concert for Bob Dylan, he spoke a bit before singing "Blowin' in the Wind" with his classic harmonica playing as well as keyboards. He said:

"...as you think about who you should vote for I want you to vote for that person that is gong to commit to bringing unity to all people not only throughout the world but in this country, vote for the one who is going to commit to opening up his heart..."

Senator Barack Obama has said in a speech:

"...when I talk about hope, when I talk about change, when I talk about holding America up to it's ideals of opportunity and equality,this is not just the rhetoric of a campaign for me it's been the cause of my life and it's a cause that I will work for each and everyday as President of the United States on behalf of all people, not just some people, but all people, I've walked the walk, I don't just talk the talk, I'll be a President who remembers that our separate struggles are really one I won't walk away from the tough battles or the difficult work of bringing people together..."

I believed that Michelle was correct when she said he was "the answer", but perhaps we were thinking about different things. I have billed the Senator as being a "uniter, not a divider" and GWB's "War on Terror" has fractured the country into even more divisions than those that existed prior to.

Postscript: Looks like I posted on this topic in an earlier post. This was about the time, I simply abandoned this blog. There is no other candidate that I can vote for, except Senator Obama. I do believe he will exercise caution in dealings when elected as the next President of the United States of America.

No comments: