Thursday, December 27, 2007

Rabbi Marc Gellman

Rabbi Marc Gellman wonders why atheists are threatened by the idea of God. The atheists I personally know aren't threatened at all. As one puts it, religion is the root of all evil. Think about it for a moment. "You are bad, you are woman, Eve started it all, God made a mistake when he created her". I kid you not. That is exactly what Christian men tell me. These very same people are stumped when I ask them about the other people living on earth when God created Eve. I point out the Old Testament passages that mention them. "God only tells us what He thinks is important for us to know", is the best answer they come up with. I wonder why the mass of people are threatened by the idea of non-god? Or many gods? Or a Goddess? Or many?
from Angry Atheists Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006

No comments: