Friday, January 4, 2008

Headline News

Get a load of these headline news shots about last nights Iowa Caucus. If you missed Obama's victory speech you can watch it at You Tube. It seems when I post You Tube videos at Blogger they do not play. I would think it was my computer creating the problem but I have no trouble viewing You Tube videos at You Tube and elsewhere on the 'net. When I find videos on blogs (and some websites) I go the menu to get the You Tube URL to watch smooth, I guess the word is streaming, of videos.

Obama's speech is a bit over 13 minutes and well worth watching. Some liken him to Bobby Kennedy. I can not say I paid much attention to Bobby, but Obama reminded me from the start of Bobby's brother, JFK junior with his "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". Throw in a bit of MLK junior, Jimmy Stewart and I think you have the essence of Obama's personality. I would include Malcolm X in the list for Malcolm's fiery "just say no to drugs" speeches, but Obama is a bit more diplomatic in his approach.

No comments: