Tuesday, January 8, 2008

SHARE

1999 was a very bad year and I found SHARE where I could purchase co-op groceries. Hosted by St. Luke's Episcopal Church in Long Beach, I was invited to attend services and latter volunteered to help prepare, serve and feed the hungry. How terrible, then to end up on the receiving end of that line.

Seeking info for my websites About Me pages, hard to locate that Long Beach SHARE link. Long Beach homeless help places are linked on the sidebar at Homeless in Long Beach. The closest I came to info on the local SHARE program is:

SHARE (Self Help and Resource Exchange) was formed in 1983 in San Diego, California by Deacon Carl Shelton and the Catholic Diocese. Deacon Shelton believed it was possible to implement a self-help approach to meeting the food needs in communities.

Senator Obama inspires and encourages grassroots efforts on the local level. Yet another reason Obama is my choice for the next President of the United States of America. Added a SHARE resource link on this blog's sidebar.

No comments: