Thursday, February 21, 2008

Iraq War Vet for Obama

"Well, I am a Iraq Veteran. Not only that, but I fought on the front lines all the way to Baghdad with the 3rd Infantry Division in 2003. Not only do I think Barack Obama is fully qualified to lead the military, I believe he will be a better Commander-in-Chief of the military than John McCain. Also, personally, I do not think Hillary is fit to lead the troops based on her inconsistent or at least incoherent stance on Iraq. She is qualified, but not fit. "

"Veterans support for Barack Obama is Strong, especially with the current generation of Veterans.

We see Barack's relative non-partisanship and position on the Iraq War as HUGE factors in our support. The military is a non-partisan organization, believe it or not. You have Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and political agnostics. We get along with each other because we respect each other as Americans. The Army, specifically, is breaking. We know it.

It is perfectly alright to disagree on policy - which is why I support Barack - and I think it is important to treat people on the other side of the aisle with respect. That's why I speak out for Barack - he is worthy of Respect and of the Role of Commander-in-Chief."

Read more posts from veteran Ryan McDermott using this link.

No comments: