Friday, February 22, 2008

Word of the Day: Vacuous

An Associated Content writer once told me I was a dumb writer. "I can write yer butt under the table anytime..." and so on. Funny I made AC's Top 1000 Content Producers and he did not. Small pleasures, heh, heh. He is a foul language user and totally unprofessional in manner. He tricked me into giving him pageviews and replying to a personal message by changing his user name. I could not resist replying to his article using his $10. word: vacuous. WTF is vacuous?

Devoid of matter; empty; a) Lacking intelligence; stupid. According to the guy this is who Senator Obama's supporters are. I complied a list of some of these vacuous people to post on his comments:

Attorney General Patrick Lynch; Governor Kathleen Sebelius; Senators Middleton, Garagiola, Frosh, Robey, McFadden, Jones, Gladden, Kelley, Brochin, Raskin, Exum, Currie, Wood, Warnstadt, Rielly, Heckroth to name a few; Robert De Niro, Joan Baez, Grateful Dead member (who may indeed be dubious), Toni Morrison (Nobel Prize Winning author) who have never endorsed a candidate before; Ethel Kennedy; Maria Shriver; Charles the Republican Barkley; Cornell "he is not black enough" West; Alice Walker, Pulitzer Prize winning author...

Editors of: New York Post, New York Observer, Albuquerque Tribune, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Reno Gazette Journal, New Jersey Star Ledger, Las Vegas Review Journal, Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Peoria Journal, Sioux City Journal, Palm Beach Post, Aspen Times, Oakland Tribune, San Diego City Beat, San Jose Mercury News, Los Angeles Times, LA Opinion (that has an amulet as in "the opinion" or Spanish language newspaper), El Paso Times, San Antonio Express...

I do not know all of those Senators and had been trying to pick out predominately "white" supporters. Not that the CP is racist or anything, I'm just saying...

I may be vacuous and a dumb writer but I think I am in good company with my main man, Stevie Wonder, do like some Usher songs, do not know Common, Kareem Abdu Jabbar is cool~although one of his autobiographies got too bogged down in the details of the game, John Legend is okay~daughter loves his music~"Where is the Love" by Black Eyed Peas is a fav tune, although I must admit I did not know who Will.i.am was before he did his "Yes, We Can" tribute to Obama...

Just babbling here.

No comments: