Saturday, April 12, 2008

Gray Panthers

When I went to the Peace & Unity Dr. King day celebration I signed a Gray Panther petition. (Impeach Bush/Cheney type of thing , maybe, do not recall.) I was invited to join the group at their meetings and participate in a nationwide massive peace rally. I blogged on those days, but walking is so painful, I seldom leave the apartment.

Gray Panthers are Senior Citizen activists. The guy I spoke to was an Obama supporter.

This is Long Beach, California information:
Co-Convenors:
Ken Scherer & Pat Stanyo
T: 562-531-0963 (Ken Scherer)

Areas Covered:
Long Beach & San Pedro

Issues Involved With:

* Single Payer Health Care
* Social Security
* Militarism in the Schools
* Civil Rights
* Peace in Iraq & Middle East
* Housing

Meetings:
The network meets the first Saturday of each month @ 10:30 a.m. at:

Senior Center
1150 E. Orange Street
Long Beach, CA

No comments: