Sunday, April 27, 2008

Michael, Vet for Obama

Post from Michael Jacobsen's Blog:
About Me

By Michael in Denver, Words Matter! - Apr 26th, 2008 at 8:42 pm EDT
veteran

* I am a 38 year old white male.
* I am registered as an Independent (or "unaffiliated" as it is called in Colorado).
* I served in the U.S. Navy for 10 years, in the Submarine Service.
* I have been out of the service for 9 years now.
* I have been working at the same job since I left the Navy.
* I make about $75,000/year.
* I have some college, but I have never earned a degree.
* I have been married for 18 years
* I have an 11 year old son.

So, those are some bullet points about me. I just wanted to share the demographic type information before I get rolling with more substantial blogs.

I don't feel that I really fit into any of the stereotypes that have been attributed to Senator Obama's voters. To be honest though, I am opposed to the divisons created by the polls. They really on serve to chop us up into little "blocs" (which is what MSM media even calls them). While there are certain trends, they don't really prove anything. By all rights I don't fit into what would be considered Barack's "base". To be honest though, I take a ceratin amount of pride in that irony. I also enjoy it when I pull up alongside someone that has an Obama bumper sticker and it is a white middle aged man or woman. It just proves that MSM doesn't really know anything.

Anyway, I will write more later. Thanks for reading!

-Michael

1 comment:

Zeke said...

Hi Mary,

I am a reporter for Street Sense, a street paper in Washington, DC. I'm researching a story on the impact of the homeless on the 2008 election. I'd like to e-mail you some questions, so please drop me a line at zdfaux at gmail.com. Thank you for your time,

Zeke