Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Campaign Circus?

H.L.Mencken said: A national political campaign is better than the best circus ever heart of, with a mass baptism and a couple of hangings thrown in.

Did I post this solved Puzzabilty Say What quote here already or someplace else. Who knows. It gave me a bit of comfort; I thought the ugliness of this campaign was something new and vicious. Michelle had sort of shrugged her shoulders: just politics on the constant ugly attacks on Barack. She said they both know politics is dirty. Senator Obama has shown much integrity; at least he tried to keep the campaign clean. For that I thank him.

Yet, even he at times has me singing: there's clowns to the right of me, jokers to the right...

Yes it reminds me of a frenzied three ring circus. Sigh.

No comments: