Tuesday, May 13, 2008

More Sound Bites from the Past

Life seems awfully long some days. Bits and pieces of news from the past~things that made headlines, blared form TV and radios~everyone talking about the events. I was making a list of events for another blog and am tired of blogging. After spending the time, might as well just post the sound bites For My Information.

03/06/1964 Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr changed name to Muhammad Ali (one who is worthy of praise) (fourth, rightly guided caliph)
08/11/1965 Watts Riots 08/15/1965
10/00/1966 Huey Newton (1989) Minister of Defense Black Panter Party
10/28/1967 John Frey Newton was convicted in September 1968 of "voluntary manslaughter", and was sentenced from 2 to 15 years in prison. In May 1970, the California Appellate Court reversed Newton's conviction and ordered a new trial. The State of California dropped its case against Newton after two subsequent mistrials.(with Bobby Seale)

Stokely Standiford Churchill Carmichael
Angela Davis
H Rap Brown

05/01/1971 Lew Alcindor changed name to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, meaning "noble, servant of the powerful one [i.e., of Allah]

How odd. Today I have a link to Kareem's blog on my game's site and can drop off a comment instantly. That makes me sad, missing my brother Richard. I used to be close to my brothers and miss that friendship as well.

No comments: