Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wright or Wrong?

Just stuff saved on notepad documents, now saved here:

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."
Thomas Jefferson about our great national sin of slavery, in his "Notes on the State of Virginia," now carved on panel three of the Jefferson Memorial. Is that all that different than:

“I heard Ambassador Peck on an interview yesterday did anybody else see or hear him? He was on FOX News, this is a white man, and he was upsetting the FOX News commentators to no end, he pointed out, a white man, an ambassador, he pointed out that what Malcolm X said when he was silenced by Elijah Mohammad was in fact true, he said Americas chickens, are coming home to roost.

We took this country by terror away from the Sioux, the Apache, Arikara, the Comanche, the Arapaho, the Navajo. Terrorism."

Senator Obama feels the majority of Americans are decent people and "The moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice." (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.)

Malcolm X asked: "Why, when all of my ancestors are snake-bitten and I'm snake-bitten, and I warn my children to avoid snakes, what does that snake sound like accusing me of hate teaching?"

The media lynching of Rev. Wright reminds of good old Jim Crow days. I was sorely disappointed in Senator Obama when he "divorced" him. Wright will turn 67 this year. Emmett Till would be turning 67 in July if not for his brutal murder by white men. That Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O' Connor in favor of the Ku Klux Klan, shows me clearly...

...that Wright is the fruit sown by our government and society. Wright quotes the bible: "as you sow, so shall you reap". 2008 and people are still judging people by color of skin and holding black people to higher standards. Rev. Wright is still expected to bow his head, lower his eyes and say "yes sir, yes mam". An awful lot of white people are speaking out against government wrongs. People globally felt we got what we deserved on "9/11". We are basically seen as imperialistic bullies.

Whoever thinks the USA government has been perfect is not thinking or seeing clearly. Those who would try, judge and condemn Rev. Wright for two crimes: being born 'black' and being outspoken are as bad as all those still active Klansman. I do not believe in that Christian/Hebrew/Muslim God concept, but I do believe Wright would not be considered wrong in the eyes of that God; the lynchers will be.

No comments: