Saturday, November 8, 2008

I May Be Wrong But I Doubt It

Read "I May Be Wrong, But I Doubt It" by Charles Barkley (edited by Michael Wilbon) in Nov or Dec 2006. Two quotes:

I don't like to walk by homeless people. If I see a homeless person, I want to give them some money, even if it's just a little something. Michael saw me giving a homeless person some money one day and grabbed me and said, "Quit doing that. If they're able to ask you for some spare change they can say, 'Welcome to McDonalds, can I help you please'."

"~we were on the road in Houston one night, we were right in front of the hotel at the Galleria. And this homeless guy walks right up to me and grabs me. I mean, the guy is just a bum, dirty and shabby. "It's John Drew. I was in total shock." "~a man who was a two-time NBA All-Star, a guy who had a productive eleven-year career~" "and he was homeless, a bum on the streets."

Michael in the first quote is Michael Jordan. Jordan said Barkley "stuffed wads of bills in a homeless woman's bag in Spain" without her being aware.

No comments: