Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blueberry Muffin Murder

"If some homeless person had jimmied the back door to secure a warm place to sleep, Hannah couldn't really blame him." is a quote from "Blueberry Muffin Murder" by Joanne Fluke.

Unrelated to homelessness a character says about another that he is "the type that suffers in silence. And then, long after the situation is over, he dells on how ineffectual he was. "It preys on his mind..." "He gets more and more frustrated at his own inability to act until...wham! The whole thing explodes in an act of violence."

A character with Alzheimer's disease tells a child that his memories sometimes turn into butterflies. "He has to sneak up to catch it and there's a trick he uses. If he can't remember something right away, he makes himself think of something else. Then it flutters straight into his mind."

I discover typos in my writing often. Yet it surprises me that I have been finding a lot of typos in books, lately. Such as: "I'll right. I'm scared, but I know I have to do it." I will right? Or did the author mean, "All right"? (page 155)

No comments: