Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving Meals

Snoop Dogg and his wife, Shante helped serve a Thanksgiving luncheon and dinner at Ernest S. McBride Park in Long Beach on Monday, the 25th of November. The food was provided by Hyatt and Hilton hotels and Cold Stone Creamery. 700 people were served.

The Second Samoan Congregation Church served over 200 people the same Monday and were again serving turkey dinners on Tuesday the 26th. I imagine that is the same Samoan church I volunteered at when living on the streets. I did have every intention of continuing my volunteer work once homed, living a short distance from the church. Physical and mental issues, the whirlwind of the program's demands left me too tired and without the motivation to continue with my volunteer activity.

Source: Press-Telegram photo descriptions.

No comments: