Monday, February 2, 2009

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Or spirits? I picked up a book, stared to read and hear a plop. I glance up and continue reading. A daughter sent me some heavy stock postcards she said she got with a calendar and thought I might use them. All have photos of dogs on them, some comical poses, and sayings. A dog eyeing two plates on a counter ~ steak and potatoes ~ thinks "That almost looks good enough to be worth a spanking." I decided I will use them for Valentines cards. Memories of dogs and cats helping themselves to food or candy...

The plop was those postcards I had laid down on the thing I use as a coffee table. I tell myself, I must have placed them carelessly atop the bus booklet and yet...

...those postcards landed face down about a foot away from where they lay on the table. They landed in two piles and the bus booklet was still sitting there. I remember laying the cards neatly in one pile and it seems highly unlikely they could fly through the air and land as they did without the touch of an otherworldly spirit or ghost.


The other night I heard a voice inside the head, that scared me. I am thinking, must be the brain chemistry imbalance and I was quick to come up with a cause of the symptoms. Yet, those postcards falling off the table, not just falling, but turning face side down, was not an hallucination. Happening so soon after hearing that voice, I am wondering...



...just wondering.

No comments: