Friday, October 22, 2010

Dissolve Political Bands

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

A decent respect to the opinions of mankind; has a nice ring to it. I am fuming. Never learn to just ignore status updates on Facebook. One friend updates status quite often sharing doomsday, all is lost, type articles several times a day. He commented on one of his posts: The only good news in this is that we very clearly know the bad news. Oh, PS... There's an awful lot of bad news.

I read the article. If he had not said "we clearly know the bad news", I may have kept my big mouth shut or sat on my typing fingers. To my comment one of his friends wrote: Mary - most of what you say is inaccurate and a myth.

Most of what I said? Free enterprise system, what do you think: If no person offered another money for sexual favors, would prostitution go away? Is it inaccurate and a myth to suggest that could be an answer to ending prostitution? Is it a myth and inaccurate to say that some women choose to become a mistress?

Or that illegal immigrants are sometimes forced into prostitution, often having paid to be smuggled into the U.S. with promise of a job? Or that publishing lists of Johns' names and laws outlawing it has not stopped prostitution? That was most of what I typed and I see nothing inaccurate about it, nor that any of it is myths.

I base the things I wrote on news articles and personal acquaintance of people who have prostituted themselves, men and women. Oh and I guess it is a myth that people prostitute themselves to support drug habits, that women with pimps who beat them, stay with the pimp. Yeah, the lady who blamed the pimp for not protecting her when a John beat her up, could have been lying to me. But I am willing to beat that their is fact, not myth behind that concept.

No comments: