Thursday, October 28, 2010

Who Holds Wealth in the U.S.A.?

Interesting chart compares percentage of wealth holders with citizens idea of who holds the wealth, but I wonder how accurate it is. It appears to be outdated listing "Bush Voters" and "Kerry Voters". I am guessing the results were tabulated from a poll.

I did not vote for Bush or Kerry and would guess that the top 3% of wealth holders hold 90% of wealth in the U.S.A. I may have said 85% if I had not looked at the chart, because the wealthiest individuals do hold 85% of the wealth, if the info is accurate. I have seen pyramid charts many more moons prior to Bush and Kerry ran for president.

If my nephews had not thrown out my "quote books" I would still have the clipping that was taped in one of them. Um, I think it was a photocopy from one of those self-help books I used to read all the time. Back in those days when I was young enough, idealist enough to believe that I could move myself from the bottom of that pyramid to somewhere in the middle. I lie. "The sky is the limit" and I truly believed I could become a wealthy old lady, using that wealth to help other people climb out of the cellar of poverty. An entrepreneurial philanthropist, that was my goal.

There I go again, decide to blog about one thing and wander off into another topic. My next sentence would be something about remarkable failure and being an old lady dredge on society.


http://www.good.is/post/americans-are-horribly-misinformed-about-who-has-money/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=outbrain

No comments: