Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Argument Begins

Reading comments on news articles relating to the Arizona shooting of House Representative Gabrielle Giffords, and six deaths, I see the typical. "Liberal scum" or "redneck illiterate" ~ mild forms of the name calling that is all too common. The right this, the left that; radical, either side; ignorant and so on. Sad. The person who called people inbred rednecks may have elicited the liberal scum comment, and so the argument begins.

Most everyone has an opinion and mine is: yes, Sarah Palin, Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Fox news and the like are all responsible for leading people to the kind of hate and anger that can cause a mentally unstable individual to literally try to kill the opposition. The men who bomb abortion clinics and take the law into their hands by killing medical care providers who assist woman with pregnancy terminations ~ are they mentally unstable? Like the Gifford shooter?

I do not know. Memory not good and have stuff to do today, so not researching details.

"Don't blame Palin, people are fed up with government...". Yes, I have been frustrated and fed up with U.S. government, but would not throw bricks throw windows, vandalize offices (Gifford's and now President Obama's campaign headquarters, to name two), send death threats or anything like that. Just picking on Sarah, here, I do not like liars. And I did hear her lie during the VP debates. I have read alleged incidents of her lying. I say alleged, because I do not trust what I read, despite a certainy that much of the stuff she reportedly said, is accurate.

See, lie about one thing, trust is eroded.

No comments: