Saturday, March 26, 2011

Old News

"When I am President, we will wage the war that has to be won, with a comprehensive strategy with five elements: getting out of Iraq and on to the right battlefield in Afghanistan and Pakistan; developing the capabilities and partnerships we need to take out the terrorists and the world's most deadly weapons; engaging the world to dry up support for terror and extremism; restoring our values; and securing a more resilient homeland.

The first step must be getting off the wrong battlefield in Iraq, and taking the fight to the terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan."
August 01, 2007, Senator Barack Obama

I am spitting bullets. I commented on a Facebook friends status update regarding a Gallup poll that shows President Obama has improved the view of U.S.A. among other nations. A hater jumped in the conversation. She said that our President lied about Afghanistan and conveniently changed his mind a few days before the election so he could win.

When I said that he stated his stance many months before the election and I did not see him deviate from it, she said "that's not true", so I found the earliest mention, I could, copied and pasted the quote. The hater came back with even more venom, rather than perhaps admitting she may be wrong about her ugly beliefs about our president. She said "you admire liars". Oy vey.

No comments: