Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bid Laden

Wow, Bin Laden dead. Wonder if this will become the next "Where were you when you heard about..." things, 5, 10, 20 years from now. Will I forget as I have forgotten where I was when I learned JFK was shot? Or MLK? Or the first moon landing? I do know exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard Lee Harvey Oswald was killed ~ watched live on TV. And when Lynyrd Skynyrd died. Well I thought the band name was a person at the time and would have to research what the singer's name is, blah, blah, blah.

I went to Facebook to check my games, intending to go to sleep early. As mentioned on my Homeless in Long Beach blog, have been having Internet connection issues. Sleepy was going to try to go to sleep super early despite neighbor noise. A friend posted a Status Update: Wonder what the big "O" is going to say at 10:30? Checked time, my time, meant east coast time it was 10:27PM, so off to Google to find a live stream of President Obama's statement. Blank video at a new site; tried White House, though I know White House videos produce an endless circling buffering.

"Discussion going on at Facebook" link, took me to the same blank video screen. As I waited, I watched the posts, coming fast and furious. Jokes about BP or CP time. All Caps, triples of Ron Paul or variations of that 2012Ron Paul2012 ~ maybe even a few Donald Trump 2012 passed by the comments. Dollar collapsed. Soon the word Bin Laden appeared. Followed by Bin Laden is dead. And "its on (insert news site) right now" ~ so off to Google again to check news sites. Switching tabs back and forth.

Illuminati, in triples, triple words, triple lines, a dozen lines,interspersed with the Ron Paul spam. Lies, Trump, ratings, election and so on. Finally an hour later President Obama arrived to make the announcement already announced ahead of his statement by news sites. No respect. I was glad, in a way, that they usurped the pres, because I was on edge wondering what major catastrophe awaited us. Nerve wracking.

Those Facebook posts came so fast and furious, it was hard to even read them. Wished Paul's spammers would go away. I think one had his three by three post copied and just kept pasting over and over again, least anyone missed it. Sigh.

No comments: