Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Food Stamps

On the one hand a loud vocal group of citizens insist "we are a Christian country" saying our Constitution was based on Christian principles. On the other hand that same loud vocal group thinks the food stamp program is an entitlement program for the lazy who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

According to John the Baptist: "Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”

In explaining the 2nd coming it is recorded that Jesus said: The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

To wit:
'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Or it seems to me if we are a country based on Christian principles we are obligated to feed the hungry, not complain about the food stamp program costing us tax dollars.

No comments: