Monday, September 17, 2012

47%

Mitt Romney says Obama voters are people "who believe they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it."

Well, yeah, I do believe everyone is entitled to having housing, food and health care. Romney continued his I am so disgusted with people speech saying things are entitlements and the people want the government to give basic needs to them. He seems to have forgotten everything his Mormon missionary education taught him. One of the things he is supposed to be doing as  a Mormon in good standing is to feed the hungry.

I was born in the U.S.A. ~ no choice there ~ government already existed and I am obligated to live by their laws, rules. I would hate to live in a country that would let its citizens starve if they can not afford to buy food or do not own land to grow it or own guns to kill animals to feed themselves.

I do not believe the government needs to provide health care to citizens; I do however think government's job would be to ensure affordable health care to even the poorest citizens. And, yes, I do believe everyone is entitled to have a roof over their heads.

No comments: