Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Independent Voter

Unlike my Democrat father and Republican mother, I am an independent voter. Or I generally cast my vote for 'none of the above.'

Like Dr. King, I have a dream that one day citizens of these here United States of America will elect a third party candidate for president knocking those DNC and Republican party candidates on their collective arses. Shake things up a bit.

As things are, our next president will be either a Democrat or a Republican. Politicians know this. Democrats are confident that dislike or fear of a Donald Trump presidency will win over voters who support Bernie Sanders. They forget about people like me, the independent voter. We do not have to vote for Hillary to unite the Democrat party in a contest with Republicans. We are not a party.

At least, I am not a party person, just an ordinary citizen. Both of the ruling parties count on voters to vote for the lesser of two evils, rather than having us choose between the better of two equally qualified candidates. I am but a drop in the sea of voters; or a fish swimming against the tide. Thus I do not expect to see my dream realized this year or ever. Yet I have read a lot of comments from people who were lifelong Democrats who are switching to Independent Voter status this year, so who knows...



No comments: