Saturday, January 21, 2017

Weeping endurth for the night...


Quote from book I read many moons ago came to mind this morning: weeping endurth for the night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Ya know how some authors put a quote on a page before the novel or book begins? Maybe if I think long on it, I will remember the author. It is a Bible quote. It came to me this morning because of a Facebook friend who is shedding tears today, Jan. 20th, 2017. She is not the only one crying.

Me? I prefer to laugh, not cry. As mentioned, Michelle can go high. Me? I go low.

Yes, yes, I know its not funny, the end of the United States as we have known it; end of First Constitution rights, no more, "give us your tired, your hungry, your poor," thank you. A wall? I wrote on a calendar one year: the best thing to happen this year is they tore down the Berlin wall. To give you an idea of how I feel about walls.

Build bridges, not walls, oh well.

Read a comment from an interview in D.C. this morning. Person said T$$$$ will be a unifier. ROFL

No way is their god going to unite me with White Nationalists raising my right arm in a Nazi salute saying "Heil Trump." They can drag me off to the detention centers (built under Bush/Cheney,) pour water down my nose, and use other forms of torture, but it ain't gonna happen.

Scary thought, that. I am old, so hopefully would drown with first drops of water poured down my nose. Hopefully my body could withstand all the pain inflicted upon me by those people who desire me to pledge allegiance to a country lead by a man that, for the record, goes against all my beliefs.

I believe a president should have higher ethnic standards than the average citizen. They should never, ever, mock the disabled. And why did the CEO in Chief mock the reporter? Because, gasp, the reporter pointed out a fallacy the child/man stated to be fact.

New rule: thou shalt not correct the man or you are in for swift retaliation. He wants more atomic bombs. We have enough of those; the money would be better used for education or even for National Endowment for the Arts. Or Humanity. I am not familiar with the second, but it sounds good.

He does not believe in the concept of heroes. Um, I guess the fire fighter that went into a burning building to rescue someone pets did not perform a courageous act? Likewise many, many firefighters. The person who stops at an automobile accident and puts their life at risk to drag unconscious driver or passenger out of a car? Not courageous?

I might not call people I admire heroes, but the question asked if he had any models ~ heroes that you steer by ~ people you look up to from the past.

I might say, Jesus, even though I do not consider myself Christian, I do try to model my behavior according to his teachings.

Gandhi, Aristotle, Plato, Kahlil Gibran come to mind as people from the past. Have learned from Deepak Chopra, Richard Bach, Norman Vincent Peale, Marianne Williamson, Joan Fericy, Peter McWilliams, music of Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson ~ to name a few models, persons to steer by. Michelle and Barack Obama inspired me to be a better person.

For the record, I have a hard time trusting a man who does not read, that has no role models.

Song lyric: we start out walking and learn to run. That is, we learned to become the adults that we are by others who showed or taught us life lessons.

Jerry Butler sang it: get up off your knees, 'cause only the strong survive.

Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions sang it: what's that I see? A great big stone wall stands there ahead of me ~ keep on pushing...

Gee whiz, he might have said: Muhammad Ali ~ ya, know, "I am the greatest." He not only politiced* like Hillary, he stole a page from Obama's playbook. (Against the Iraq war at the start, bragged, "I called it," even though there are videos of his stating he was against it, but hey, it worked for Barack...)

*past tense of politic as a verb?











No comments: