Thursday, February 2, 2017

Woke from dream

Woke from a disturbing dream around 4 A.M. and was unable to fall back to sleep.

So I got up turned on computer went to Facebook to see if I could do anything on the games I play there. First thing I see on my Timeline was a meme one of my friends liked. It begins "Dear Hypocrites," and continues to berate, belittle people who oppose DJT for calling those who favor him names, such as stupid; blaming him for spreading hate.

I think we can all agree that everyone with opposing viewpoints are ignorant. Just ignorant about different things.

The meme itself was proof of the claim of DJT spreading hate. Why not, "Dear Peeps," or "Dear fellow citizens," something that did not bash others? The tone of the meme was angry. Like DJT who is an angry man who says the world is an angry place.

I think the world is a beautiful place. I see kind, loving, happy, generous people all over. The ugliness comes from people who hate others without even getting to know them. They hate based on color of skin, slant of eyes, religious beliefs, ethnic background. Jealousy and greed cause anger. Lots of stuff does.

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.

Where might we be today if Bill Clinton had not ordered bombings in no fly zones? If the Bush admin had not authorized invading Iraq to look for WMD? Where might we be if many other presidents, since the long lines at the pumps in the 1970s, had steered our county in the direction of using solar energy, lessening our dependency upon oil?

We will never know.

Jan. 29, 2017

No comments: