Friday, July 1, 2022

Emissions of ethylene oxide

Emissions of ethylene oxide have been linked to cancer. I considered joining a class action lawsuit targeting B.Braun plant in Allentown Pennsylvania as the gas has been known to cause lymphoma. 

Two years ago I was diagnosed (and treated) for Mantle Cell Lymphoma. The doctors do not know what caused it. I started having symptoms at least a year prior to being hospitalized with the terminal cancer. I lived in several Allentown locations after relocating to the East Coast several years ago. All being within 5 mile radius of that plant.

I did not inquire about my eligibility to join the lawsuit because I do not know how the lawyers can prove that my Lymphoma was caused by B. Braun e
missions of ethylene oxide.

I also did not want the hassle of gathering paperwork, and/or phone calls. 

And, I smoked cigarettes for most of my adult lifetime. Perhaps that caused the cancer? I think, maybe due to being forced to smoke outdoors everywhere, that I was deep breathing in the emissions of ethylene oxide, especially times when I walked many miles from DMV  to daughter's home or walk to/from other daughter's home to go to stores.

Several of my neighbors smoke outdoors daily, some more often than I did when I still smoked. To the best of my knowledge none of them have had cancer. Only one that I know of does much walking or being outdoors other than smoking. Several of them have cars and thus in and out of vehicles when shopping.  

Also, if I were to be awarded a substantial settlement in that lawsuit, I might have to move from my low-income senior housing unit. 

I have been told that B. Braun has cleaned up their emissions, but I wonder how Supreme Court mandated end to some EPA restrictions will prevent other companies from poisoning the air citizens breathe.


B Braun Cancer

https://www.klinespecter.com/braun-cancer-lawsuits?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtvqVBhCVARIsAFUxcRtq-JvQCAM8X6HkJcup9kWpUQforvxFS0jegdAl93uVgMcVvp1giMIaApoCEALw_wcB

No comments: