Friday, December 23, 2022

Serving Two Masters

 Surprisingly I do not recall the day I simply stopped going to church. I studied some world religions. I never found one to satisfy me. Then I did what Jesus said, threw away my Bibles. "You can not serve two masters, love the one and hate the other." I liked the illusion of electing government officials.

I did not actually serve the one and hate the other.  It was freeing, no longer trying to come to terms with a Santa, pagan traditions Xmas and a birth of Jesus one. I chose the American Holiday. Even "serving" that did not thrill me. Materialism.

Children with poor parents did not get treated with equality by Santa. Their wealthy classmate got the Flexible Flyer and they got new mittens and knit cap. It teaches kids greed. It does not actually teach them to be good for goodness sake, anymore that the Bible gets adults to be good.

It teaches them they will get a momentary reward for being good, not a lesson that being kinds, is, well good.

I read long ago about Jesus maybe not being white. Makes sense to me unless the holy spirit was an ET with white skin. St. Nicholas was not white either. Some posted on the article that as children they asked why Jesus looked white and not Arab. I was clueless as to world geography in relation to Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Red Sea=Moses parted it.

I wonder if that is like now, Mississippi river drying up, river bed dry, so peeps an walk to an island, that used to have to boat to. Maybe there was a severe drought, the sea dried up and parted and legend had it that Moses did it in one day. 

Early Q anon conspiracy theory? What was I saying here? 

My big turn off was this: why send me to hell for eternity because I smoked? No longer being Catholic, I could not confess other sins to be a priest, do penance, and be forgiven, still getting my shot at heaven.

What kind of cruel God is that? Eternity? Let the punishment fit the crime. Maybe Hitler deserves a long time in hell, DJT, also, but Bill Clinton maybe not so much? I think we have our own hell on earth. No need for an eternity burning up in hellfire. Jesus' skin color irrelevant. If he actually existed at all.

No comments: