Friday, December 23, 2022

Trying not to reply

 Trying not to reply to Yahoo comments. Was doing better, then Facebook took Farm Town down again, and nothing to do, all day to do it. I suppose I could do some housework or continuing cleaning out my FB history. OY, I cleaned out my Blogger blogs, only to come back again. And again. 

So, anyway, I went away from the black/white Jesus article. Showered, cooked squash, ate squash while looking for the comment I wanted to share. Took me back in time.

My Story

I wondered why I was attracted to long shaggy dark haired hippie guys with mustaches and beards.  They did not look like my father, older brothers, or even uncles. Aha moment.

I used to stare at the mural painted on ceiling, wall over the altar every Sunday. Every holy day of Obligation, Every 7 day Novena. Well, not that would have been walking around the church stopping at stained glass windows to pray the rosary. Every Catholic funeral.

I loved Jesus! I wanted to marry him, ie: become a nun when I grew up. 

That idea went out the window when I started reading the Bible, finding descriptions from what I was taught and what the catechism the nuns tested us on, & priests taught.

When a sister and later brother asked me to be Godmother for their new baby girl and baby boy, I wanted to say no. I was still going to church, but I no longer believed. I felt a hypocrite, because I was too timid to say no. 

I did, however, know that should the sis die, I would be sure the daughter was raised Catholic. The brother's wife did not want me, but he insisted. Those babies long grown up and I no longer give them birthday/Christmas $$$ gifts as my godparents had given me.


No comments: