Thursday, July 7, 2022

Pesky Facts Meme

 


I fact checked these quotes. I need to read the works of Thomas Paine. How do I really know that he wrote the above quote, for a fact. Things we were taught as children or common knowledge, we learned as adults that they were false.

Like George Washington saying he could not tell a lie, "I chopped down the cherry tree." Or that Jimi Hendrix said: "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."

He may have said that, but it was not an original thought. People point out that William Gladstone said "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will the world know the blessings of peace."

It is also reported that Sri Chinmoy Ghose words were "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then there will be true peace."

And also, "
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace," attributed to Mahatma Gandhi . 

The internet also will bring up information about Thomas Paine, George Washington, Jimi Hendrix or Thomas Jefferson's dates of birth and deaths. I can not vouch for accuracy of that information anymore than I can truly say the meme's quotes are facts.  But I did try to verify. 


No comments: