Saturday, August 27, 2022

Yahoo News

 I stopped watching Television news many years ago. When I was living in California, I did not own a television, TV was long a last choice, nothing better to do. I would rather be outdoors, reading a book or working on one project or another. 

Also in CA I read a lot of online newspapers. That was when they were all free; only needed an account to leave comments, which I did often. I checked out AOL news headlines. I do not recall how I ended up with Google Chrome. So now I check out Google headlines. I have used other search engines, but Google is just the fastest. 

The Central Park 5 ~ the former guy took out a full page ad in 4 New York newspapers demanding New York bring back the death penalty. Did I learn that via a Google search or Yahoo news article? Truly do not know where I first read about it. It definitely did not come from Yahoo news, because I never went there back before he got elected. 

I never forgot the Central Park 5 because my daughter almost got killed in a car accident. I was visiting her in the hospital thinking about the jogger in an NYC hospital. I might have still been reading the New York Daily News Sunday papers back then. I might have seen the ad. After the real rapist caused the boys (now young men) to be released from prison, T felt they should still be locked up. One boy confessed, he said, they should be in jail.

At the time when I read that the boy recounted his confession, I assumed rightly, it had been coerced out of him.If T had gotten his way, those boys would have been executed for a crime they did not commit. That is why I am against the death penalty ~ if even one innocent person is executed it is one too many.

There is also the case where cops busted into a sleeping man's apartment. He heard the crash close to where his baby was sleeping and shot in the direction of intruders. The cops raided the wrong apartment. But the guy was convicted of murdering a cop and was executed many years later. How is that justice? He was simply standing his ground. Jerks like Zimmerman can cry self-defense, but a sleeping man can not? 

Anyway, Chris & the lady in my prior post, often accuse people who use facts not insults to make a point, of following Fake News. They are, of course, the ones who follow Fake News; they never fact check, simply fall for any BS their idols spew. Sad world.

No comments: