Wednesday, January 11, 2023

MAWA Marches

 Too bad I am not going to comment on Yahoo articles anymore. I was posting notes from Unthinkable: Trauma, Truth, and the Trials of American Democracy, Jamie Raskin's book. He wrote about 11/14/2020 and 12/20/2020 MAWA marches that turned violent. 

People comment about BLM burning down cities, but no mention of Proud Boys setting a black congregations church on fireI do not remember those two events. I do not watch TV news, just check headlines, so may have missed it. I did not read much about BLM protests either. Maybe I was just playing Facebook games? 

Oh, wait, 2020 was when I was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I was hospitalized twice that year. Spent an entire month in hospital and nursing home for rehab. Came home to massive bedbug infestation. COVID Apt. complex no longer a polling place. TY for mail-in ballots. I guess I was not paying much attention to news.

I was vaguely aware of Proud Boys starting violence at peaceful BLM protests. And of "antifa" showing up to fight with MAWAs at their protests or rallies. And quite award of trumps photo op in front of a church holding Bible upside down. Notice how quick he was to call out National Guard on peaceful protesters, but not at all when it was his violent mob attacking Congress. 

11/14/2020

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/14/934957728/trump-supporters-descend-on-d-c-for-events-contesting-election-results

No comments: