Tuesday, January 10, 2023

White nationalist

 White nationalist groups espouse white supremacist or white separatist ideologies, often focusing on the alleged inferiority of nonwhites.

An irate MAWA demanded of a stranger: Do you know what a White Nationalist is? Have you ever met one? (Yahoo article comment section)

I jumped in: Yes, I do and yes I have. After J6 how could anyone not know what White Nationalist groups are? Even earlier was the Unite The Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.  Gee, most every student and adult knows about the KKK and lynchings.

2003 someone wrote in a comment that she did not know the KKK still existed. I did. The local Klan wanted to hold a parade through Bangor, PA where I lived before hosting a picnic. The mayor refused to give them a permit to carry guns under their robes, so they cancelled the parade.

Around that same time a white pointed hood robed Klan Person stood on the sidewalk down the block from my apartment. Standing next to him was a child (or midget, who knows) dressed identically, handing out literature. One person was arrested; she spit on the man. Local news reported that people would take the literature drive around the block, throw it out, then come back for more. I was so enraged I did not walk down there, even though I needed something from the store they were standing by.

My ex-husband put me on a Klan mailing list. I read the booklets and came to understand how they use the Old Testament Bible to justify their superiority. Maybe they are unaware that it is the Hebrew Bible? 

My ex was denied membership in the Klan because our children (teens) refused to sign up with him. He and an ex brother-in-law were big time racists and bigots.

Sister's hubby admired Adolf Hitler. I learned so many derogatory names ~ ethnic slurs. More from him then from my ex. Sis' new guy, common law married, is also a racist & bigot. Since she adores Trump, I think she is likely into White Supremacy herself. I know she is bigoted towards Indians (as in Hindus.)

I was like one and done when I still dated. N-word? Bye, bye. Made that mistake once, never again. The Rahway prison guard a co-worker fixed me up for a double date; her husband's co-worker. I do not remember the husband's exact words, something about the # of smokers of Kool cigarettes could not be wrong. He talked about using violence against blacks as well.

When my date took me home, he said "I am not like him." I did not go out with him again, because he wanted to marry and have children. I found it embarrassing to tell I had my tubes tied years ago. I also did not want anymore children.

Did the he irate MAWA consider what ethnic the poster might be? Could be any color, nationalities and could be they had faced discrimination due to their ethnicity. 



No comments: