Thursday, November 3, 2022

The Handmaid's Tales

 I may have read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood many years ago. My non-reading daughter asked me if I ever read it. As soon as it was announced that Roe v Wade was overturned, my reader daughter mentioned the book. She talked about at other times as well. After Roe v Wade went bye,bye, women protested, dressing as handmaids as depicted int he novel. I did not know there was a movie and TV show. 

Aside: my cable box died. Guy installed new one and gave me a new remote. Instead of two, I now have one. I wanted to see if I lost NetFlix and Amazon Prime my son-in-law set up on the TV. I could not get the remote to move along the row of options. I did something and got stuck on channel 50, remote not doing anything. Enough. Suffice it to say, I was not able to watch TV unless I wanted to watch channel 50. 

I put batteries in my Samsung remote. After much frustration, my TV was back to normal. Except the remote still would not navigate to NetFlix. Too late, I resigned myself to channel surfing until bedtime. I now have Amazon Prime, and wanted to set up my own account. Maybe I will try later with my Samsung remote. Or ask son-in-law to help.

Bottom line, was not able to watch the show. Do not know if I really want to. The series, I read, deviates form the novel a bit. The sequel, The Testament, has a two week waiting list at my library on Kindle. The autobook was available but I do not do audio books. I tried to put a hold on it, but Kindle kept telling my e-mails did not match.You have to enter it twice. Aargh, no difference.erased and started over, "do not match," slowly read and read again each letter and said duck this shit.

Life imitating art. 

No comments: